We reserve the right to modify this policy from time to time and will mark new versions with a corresponding effective date. We recommend you visit the Site to review any changes in our practices.
What Information is Collected?
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Your contact information to register to receive updates, promotions and catalogues from us, such as your name and email address;
- Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our Site;
- Computer data or files, often called "cookies," which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to "recognize" you through the navigation of the Site and for us to credit your account for various online transactions;
- Computer data files, often called "web beacons" that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites; and
- Your IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site and System are not designed for children and we do not knowingly collect information from any person we know is under the age of 13.
How is User Information Used and Shared?
We collect information about you in order to provide you with services and products and also collect information that is necessary for our Site to work properly. We use personal information about our users for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
- Allowing you to receive information from us regarding Red Wing Heritage products;
- Tracking information about your visits to our Site to allow us to provide better service;
- Using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all users to evaluate our Site and develop additional products and services to offer;
- Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new products or services we (or any of our affiliated companies) are offering;
- Contacting you regarding an inquiry on our Site that you have initiated;
- Providing information about your usage or preferences to our third-party vendors and providers; and
We may provide user information to third-party service providers or vendors for purposes of, including without limitation, initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf, data tracking, maintenance or development of our System, development of online products and services or customer service or new product development, or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users. We will not share your information with third parties to directly market their products to you. We may share this information with any subsidiaries, licensees, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners. We may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims or as otherwise required by law.
What are cookies? How are cookies used?
What type of cookies do we use?
Cookies can be in the form of session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your web browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted or until they reach their expiry date. We use the following cookies:
These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website functionality.
These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences, allow for live chat support on your browsing experience.
Targeting cookies or Behavioural Advertising
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. We may also use third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display Red Wing Heritage or other Red Wing product advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Site or another site affiliated with Red Wing products. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is not linked to any personally identifiable information (name, address, email address, or phone number) we collect or you provide on the website.
How can you block cookies?
You may block our cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. You can find out more about cookies and how to delete and control them on www.aboutcookies.org or click help in your browser menu. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
How is User Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our System. All Red Wing Heritage products you purchase are from third-party sites, so we do not receive your financial account information for purchases from online retailers made in connection with our products.
How Can Users Limit Information Collected?
While we work hard to use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
- You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists that are used to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us or by emailing us at email@example.com;
- You may limit the collection of “cookies” from your Site usage through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the System; and
- You may limit the ability of Google Analytics to track your online activity, as outlined in the “Behavioral Advertising” section.
Red Wing Brands of America, Inc.
314 Main St
Red Wing MN 55066